The best thing about the week between Christmas and New Years (besides not knowing what day it is), is the quiet moments to sit back and reflect on the past year and look forward to the year ahead.  I spent the last few weeks of 2017 in deep consistent reflection reviewing what went well, what could have been better and where I can go from here.  This process was not an easy one, and I have been on a roller coaster of emotions lately.  But here I am today, ready and willing to proceed forward.  I have taken the time to sit down, write out and plan out my overall goals.  But I went deeper than just the resolutions that will more than likely be broken by February.  I went deeper.  I started at December 31st, 2018 and worked backwards.  In 6 month increments then went down to quarters, then months, heck I even planned out my action steps DAILY for the next 12 weeks!  Some may think I have over-planned this all, but at the end of the day, what did Winston Churchill say?

Without putting you to sleep, 80% of my goals were personal development.  (physical strength/endurance, financial improvements, spiritual, relational, etc.)  and to no surprise, the other 20% of these goals were my business.  Now, I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, I’m not joking about this anymore.  No longer is this a side-hustle.  I want this to work- no wait, I NEED this to work.  I’ve been on the sidelines too much in life, watching everyone else succeed, and it wasn’t until recently where I had the lightbulb go off and say “Gosh Darn it, if they can do be successful, why can’t I?”  Needless to say, 2018 is my year.

Were you like me?  Did you jump on the “word of the year” train?  I did.  And my word is a complex loaded word.  BUILD.  No, I’m not saying building as in houses, and I have nothing to “rebuild.”  Instead, I am building from the ground up.  Day by day, step by step.  Will it be easy?  Heck no.  Will I want to give up?  Daily.  Why would I though?  The only person I’d be letting down is myself, and I have this deep gut feeling inside to not let that fire burn out.  I owe it to the fire.

I am taking 2018 by the horns and going to follow my plans, step by step to achieve my weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual goals.  Each day, I’ll build upon the last.  May take a lot of work, may take a little work- depends on the day.  Call me crazy, but you just watch.  How?  For starters, Piece of Clareity will build.  Jamberry with Clareity will build.  Build a brand, build a lifestyle, build a culture.   Build a self.   In the spirit of my word of the year, I’ve laid out the blueprints, I’m breaking ground right now.  2018, watch out.